TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By giving us your phone number, you are granting us permission for the possible use of prerecorded/artificial voice or text messages and/or automated dialing systems to contact you or deliver your requested information, as the law allows. And you agree that we may use any telephone number you provide, even if it is a mobile telephone number that may result in charges to you.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Texas Real Estate University scholarship program for 2011 is open only to those legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older and who plan to enroll in an approved real estate related institution of higher learning. Current employees, officers, directors and agents of sponsor and its related companies and members of their immediate families (defined as spouse, parents, siblings and children) and persons residing at the same address are not eligible. Void where prohibited.
2. SELECTION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS: Sponsor is looking for eligible applicants who follow directions and submit complete applications. Sponsor reserves the right to choose scholarship recipients and award amounts. Portions of the prize winning application may be posted on the sponsor’s website, or used in other marketing materials, without further compensation or notice to the winner.
3. PRIVACY: By submitting an Application, you acknowledge that the Sponsor may call and/or send you information it thinks may be of interest to you.
4. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, by accepting a scholarship prize, the scholarship prize recipients agree that sponsor may, without any limitation or further compensation or notice, use his or her name, voice and/or likeness in any and all media, worldwide, for the purpose of advertising and promoting the Website, the Sponsor, the scholarship program, or any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes sponsored by Texas Real Estate University.
5. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Except where prohibited, by participating, applicant agrees that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and sponsor and their agents shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. applicant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this scholarship program, or awarding of the prizes, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in the Commonwealth of Virginia and applicant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this scholarship program, applicant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this scholarship program, or awarding of the Scholarship Prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this scholarship program but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
6. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION. Each applicant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Sponsor harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of applicant hereunder.
7. EXPIRATION: applicant understands that scholarship funds are limited and subject to cancellation at any time.
8. IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ – GENERAL RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. By entering the scholarship program, each applicant acknowledges and agrees that the sponsor, its related companies, affiliates, and each such company’s respective employees, officers, directors and agents are not responsible for any costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with: (i) incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive applications due to any cause, including without limitation human, transmission, or technical problems, failures, or malfunctions of any kind, whether originating with sender, or otherwise, that may limit an applicant’s ability to participate in the scholarship program; or (ii) any injury or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the scholarship program and/or the use of any prize, including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, or any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to or based on the applicant’s rights of publicity or privacy, or the applicant’s claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an applicant’s computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or participating in the scholarship program, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. This scholarship program is subject to all U. S. federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
9. SPONSOR’S RIGHT TO MODIFY, SUSPEND OR TERMINATE. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the scholarship program by any event beyond its reasonable control, then sponsor shall have the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend, or terminate the scholarship program.
10. GENERAL PROVISIONS. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the application process or the operation of the scholarship program or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, to be submitting responses dishonestly or inaccurately. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. If an Application is confirmed by Sponsor to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, the entrant’s sole remedy shall be another Application, if time permits. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these official rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or of any other provision.
11. LIST OF SCHOLARSHIP PRIZE RECIPIENTS: The names of the Scholarship Prize Recipients of this scholarship program may be posted on the TexasRealEstateUniversity.com website.
12. REAL ESTATE COURSE ENROLLMENT: Continuing education certificates may be redeemed by active agents during te period beginning the 30th month following license activation date and ending no later than the 36th month.
13. Texas Real Estate University (TREU) will complete enrollee’s registration within 24-72 business hours from receipt of agreed payment. Neither TREU, Realty Placement (RP) nor its provider will refund any portion of the enrollee’s tuition unless Money Back Guarantee terms are met. If tuition is paid in installments, all requests for payment schedule change must be received in writing three business days prior to next scheduled payment date, approved by TREU, and will be subject to a $100 change fee.
14. Neither TREU nor RP is not obligated to any terms of this contract after 365 days from contract date. All payments due on weekend or holidays may be processed on the previous business day. Enrollee authorizes TREU/RP to pursue payment until balance is paid in full. By agreeing to terms of enrollment, enrollee acknowledges that some products/services may not be available or offered by all affiliates. From time to time TREU/RP may share enrollee information with affiliates. This contract cannot be amended, extended, or cancelled by enrollee without written mutual consent of all parties. Failure to start or complete courses will not relieve enrollee of obligation to pay. Money Back Guarantee is valid, provided enrollee completes minimum of one (30 hour) course, does not print certificate, and notifies TREU or RP in writing within 48 hours after enrollment.
15. Enrollee authorizes TREU/RP to contact them via email, text, or voice. Enrollee agrees, understands & acknowledges that TREU/RP (in conjunction with affiliated brokers) is offering some of the above services to Enrollees who affiliate with one of our affiliated brokers and list TREU, RP, or it designee as Enrollee’s recruiting sponsor.
16. If Enrollee joins an Affiliated broker within 36 months of receiving a real estate license, and fails to list TREU, RP, or assigned designee as the recruiting sponsor, Enrollee agrees to pay TREU, RP, or DESIGNEE the amount of money equal to what would have been paid by affiliated broker for the time period that the enrollee/agent is associated with the affiliated broker. ENROLLEE HAS NO OBLIGATION TO JOIN TREU, RP, OR ANY AFFILIATED BROKER NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.